Water is given in the form of sprinkling in irrigation by shower or rain irrigation method. Due to which the waterfalls like raindrops on the plants. Rain irrigation system has been considered as a very useful and scientific method for saving water and high yield of production.
There has been a lot of enthusiasm among the farmers towards micro-irrigation. There are many benefits of this irrigation technique.
If we pay more attention to shower or rain irrigation and drop-drop or drip irrigation, then not only production can be increased, but advanced technology of agriculture can also be developed. Cultivation can be done on uneven land and high altitude area also by rainfed system.
Benefits of Rain Irrigation:
Following are the benefits of rain irrigation. For example, in surface irrigation, up to 15-20 percent of the water remains unusable to reach the field.
1. The same amount of water does not reach in irrigation, whereas the area irrigated by rain irrigation increases by 1.5 -2 times, i.e. by this method, up to 25-50 percent of water is directly saved.
2. When water is sprinkled like rain, there is no water logging on the land, due to which there is no loss due to water flowing due to less sprinkler than the water absorption rate of the soil.
3. Rain irrigation proves to be a boon in places where the land remains high and low, where surface irrigation is not possible.
4. Rain irrigation is a suitable method for loamy soil and high slope and high-altitude places. Surface irrigation cannot be done in these places.
5. Irrigation with this method maintains the appropriate level of moisture in the soil, due to which the growth, yield and quality of the crop remains good.
6. In this method, along with irrigation water, soluble fertilizers, insecticides and herbicides or weedicides can also be easily used.
7. Irrigation with rain irrigation method before frost does not harm the crop due to increase in temperature.
8. In areas with water scarcity, limited water availability, double to three times the surface irrigation area can be expected.
Maintenance & Precautions
The use of rain irrigation should be tested at the time of use and after use and by keeping some main precautions, the set runs well. For example, the irrigation water to be used should be clean and not containing an excessive amounts of sand and soluble elements and after the use of fertilizers, mildew/weedicide etc., the entire system should be cleaned with clean water.